Wednesday, December 13, 2017

More Kudos to Gov. Holcomb

I note that Gov. Holcomb has issued twice as many pardons in his first year in office than Mike Pence did in his entire time in office. Perhaps that is because Gov. Holcomb ran for governor of the State of Indiana to be the governor of the State of Indiana. Novel concept . . . running for an office to occupy that office, as opposed to using it as a springboard for the next step.

Anyway, here is a portion of the story from the Indiana Lawyer:

I note Gov. Holcomb's pardons exist in stark contrast to our drug-warrior/prosecutor Attorney General Curtis Hill, who's never seen a counterproductive criminal justice policy he doesn't like. I could rant about him for a long time, but for now, I want to commend Gov. Holcomb for his rationality and mercy toward his fellow man.

2 comments:

  1. As a "conservative Christian" of the type Pence advertises himself to be, I'd expect no more of him. People can take issue with me for saying that all they want but to them I ask 'wouldn't Jesus be the first to forgive? I mean, it's right there in the mission statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TableTopJoe takes no issue with you saying that and applauds you for living your convictions. From one concerned citizen to another: thank you.

    ReplyDelete