Sunday, December 24, 2017

Meadowood Park Tree Clearing - Well Done!

I wrote a few weeks ago about how proud I am that the Town of Speedway was taking steps to address the dead-tree problem in Meadowood Park. Well, the problem has been addressed.

I can't congratulate our Town officials, including the town council and our town manager Jacob Blasdell, enough. I believe I was told one time that those dead trees represented a $200,000+ project to be tackled. I wouldn't be surprised, as they took more than 50 trees out, but I really don't know.

Anyway, thank you to the powers that be for addressing actual problems (as opposed to made up problems or speculative problems that don't exist yet, if at all . . . no need to go borrowing trouble when you have plenty of it already).

Well done and thank you from a grateful citizen.

As a final note, I saw that the new parks and recreation director is selling "commemorative" trees with plaques for $250. I would definitely encourage anyone with the means to buy one of these, if for no other reason than the ability to come back in 20 years to see a plaque with your name on it next to a beautiful mature tree. Along those lines, I think that a commemorative brick sale would be a good revenue generator for the Town, but that is a post for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment