Sunday, December 17, 2017

Interesting Take in the NY Times

I know, the "liberal" New York Times. I remember, in my youth, when most people considered the NY Times "The National Paper of Record." Of course, that was also a time when facts mattered.

Anyway, the Times had an interesting editorial today arguing that the impending shit sandwich tax bill will not only create more inequality, but it is the result of the inequality we already have. Basically, as more and more of the nation's wealth has gone to fewer and fewer people, those few people have used their enormous wealth to accrue political power, which they in turn use to steer more wealth their own way. Kind of a vicious little cycle, no?

The editorial also had a great graphic, but for some reason I'm unable to embed it. I would highly recommend reading the editorial. So as to not deprive this post of any graphics, however, I found this one online:



No comments:

Post a Comment