Saturday, March 18, 2017

Interesting Note on Birth Control

Yesterday, I came across an interesting article in Vox focused on Planned Parenthood and how it is more than simply an abortion mill. Full disclosure, when I was in my 20s and working my oh-so-lucrative job at Applebee's in Ft. Wayne, Planned Parenthood was where many of my co-workers were able to get birth control. They couldn't afford it anywhere else.

Anyway, this article notes that if Planned Parenthood were to shut down, there would be 105 counties in America that would no longer have a full-service birth control clinic in the county. Interestingly, one of those counties is good old Bartholomew County, Indiana... home of Columbus, IN, and Mike Pence.

Interesting irony. I suppose that when we elect people who say that working mothers stunt their children's growth, that want to make birth control unavailable and illegal, and believe that condoms are ineffective because they're too complicated, we should take them at their word.

Congratulations Columbus, IN. You got what you wished for.

No comments:

Post a Comment