Sunday, July 15, 2018

On Healthcare - Part One Billion

I have had heartburn problems for quite some time. It used to only hit me infrequently and has gotten worse since I've aged. I recently saw a doctor for this (great guy, I might add) and he quickly diagnosed the issue and wrote me a prescription.

My wife went to Kroger to fill this prescription and found out it was not covered by our health insurance (for which I pay about as much per month as our family mortgage). Without health insurance coverage, this particular medication for heartburn/acid reflux, goes for $3,000 for a thirty (30) day supply.

The pharmacy aide pointed out that this same medication can be had over the counter for about $12.

Our system of healthcare is indefensible.

4 comments:

  1. I suggest you try the generic Prilosec at Sams club , no prescription needed , 42 tablets ( you take one in the AM ) for something like $16.99 ? Under $20 I know . Their generic works much better than any I’ve tried .

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL , sorry , you probably hate Walmart ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sound you just heard was my jaw hitting the floor.

    ReplyDelete