Monday, July 9, 2018

A Righteous Screed

Here at Above the Law:
between you and me, I honestly couldn’t give a wet crap about which version of fascist the Russian president nominates tonight. I’ll report on who and cover the confirmation hearings and mock the Democrats’ ineffectual attempts to hold up the confirmation process. But care? No. You can’t make me. They all look the same to me.
. . . . . . . 
Trump is going to appoint a fascist. Trump will nominate a fascist. The Republican Senate will confirm a fascist. That fascist will be a vote against women’s rights, minority rights, and non-white voting rights for 30 years. It will be a vote for mass shootings and police brutality and bigotry for 30 years.
. . . . . . .  
Which particular person gets to stuff themselves in the robe is inconsequential to me when the robe-bearer is standing on my neck.
The Anschluss of the Supreme Court and Trump’s brand of white supremacy is upon us. I don’t give a damn which puppet functionary is installed to do Trump’s bidding. 
Seriously, go read the whole thing.

2 comments:

  1. Yep despite my somewhat conservative “ baby boomer “ values I voted for Hillary and wanted to watch her do lots of nut cracking ( remember the Hillary nut crackers ?!) would have MUCH more entertaining that the Trumpster .
    I’m not as liberal leaning as you fircsure but when it comes to strong women versus men with small hands ... I’m Hillary all the way !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now boo hoo Tabletop Joe Trump’s puck seems to me like a wonderful man who has a wonderful family . Are you a religious man Tabletop Joe ? Everyone needs religion , whichever religion you choose ... that’s just my opinion and not growing up Catholic but having converted I can say this is a very admirable attribute , looks like he is very giving to the community of his time talent and treasure....

    ReplyDelete