Friday, May 18, 2018

Royal Wedding - Enough Already!

I will just say it: I do not care about what the British Royal Family does, whether that includes celebrating someone's birthday or having a wedding. I just don't give a damn. It doesn't affect me in any way, shape, or form.

I notice that the news has a seemingly "mandatory" discussion of the damn royal wedding nearly every day. I can't help but contrast coverage of the royal wedding with the scant coverage of the recent Supreme Court decision striking down a law known as PASPA.

In a nutshell, PASPA is (was) the federal law that made gambling on sports illegal in every state except Nevada. Note that you can presently play slot machines at Indiana Grand but you can't place a bet on the Colts' game. I suspect that is about to change.

I also suspect that the sports book won't just stop with professional sports. How long until we have a sports book on the Butler or IU game? How about the Speedway H.S. baseball game? Ask yourself how susceptible a high school or college kid would be to a point shaving scheme?

After considering the consequences of the royal wedding and the recent Supreme Court decision, ask yourself which one will affect your life. What do you think? Do you get the feeling that your attention is being diverted?

No comments:

Post a Comment