Monday, April 3, 2017

Sen. Donnelly (D-IN)

Soon-to-be ex-Senator Joe Donnelly will not be receiving my vote in November, 2018. I would rather vote for my neighbor, or brother, or that crazy Tea Party/Trump guy I saw in front of the statehouse the other day. At least they have a spine.

Joe Donnelly does not.

I can't think of one instance of Joe Donnelly standing up for progressive values. Gun Control? Obamacare? Crickets.

Now, he has indicated that he will refuse to stand with the Democratic filibuster of the stolen nomination of Neil Gorsuch. Let's never forget that the American people decided who they wanted to choose Supreme Court Justices in 2016 . . . in November, 2012. For those who forget easily, that person was President Obama. He nominated Merrick Garland to the Supreme Court. Mitch McConnell et al decided that didn't count. Joe Donnelly is now complicit in this.

You own it Joe, but you will never again own my vote.

Your cowardice will garner you not a single vote from those who would fault you for filibustering this stolen nomination.

It will, however, earn you a "present" vote from me. I doubt I'll vote for your opponent, but how can I vote for you, Sen. Donnelly, when I know that you refuse to stand up for progressive values when it counts? Either you disagree with me on foundational issues (i.e. stolen Supreme Court nominations) or you simply refuse to stand up for what is right.

Neither rationale convinces me that I should vote for you. So I won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment