Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Pot Holes

The thing about "every man for himself" attitudes is that sooner or later, every man is not for himself and depends on others. Case in point:
Mayor Jim Brainard's constituents have raised a common complaint this year: It's about the wretched condition of the streets provided by Carmel's poor neighbor to the south.
. . . . .
Scott Fadness can relate. The Fishers mayor regularly fields complaints about Indianapolis' crumbling roads from his constituents who venture into Marion County for work and play. 
Well, cry me a river. Do you know why I don't have any problems, whatsoever, with the state of Fishers' streets? I don't go there. I chose not to live there and work in Indy; I chose to live somewhere that I could support with my own tax money (as opposed to expecting others to support me).

I can't help but chuckle, somewhere beneath my seething surface, when I hear people from Hamilton Co. talk about all of the "freeloaders" that want to "take" from them, the "makers."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment