Thursday, October 4, 2018

On Abortion

I generally try to stay away from discussing abortion because those with whom I disagree are not persuadable, nor am I.

I am pro-choice. I believe Roe v. Wade was correctly decided. I believe that Planned Parenthood v. Casey was a disingenuous roll back of Roe v. Wade. I believe that the coming conservative majority of the Supreme Court will not have the guts to explicitly overturn Roe v. Wade or Casey. Rather, I believe they will spinelessly re-affirm both precedents while never ever finding a burden on abortion that is "undue."

With that said, I say this to my pro-life friends (who also happen to style themselves as "small-government conservatives"): A government that has the power to force you to refrain from an abortion likewise has the power to force you to have one. Just look at China's one-child policy. Is that what we want?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for another logical point I will add to my pro-choice argument.

    ReplyDelete